Class is one of those time honored things that never goes out of style and is absolutely free. It cannot be bought, turn on the Television or open up a popular magazine and in a few minutes you will see what I mean. A classy woman brings a whole new element to a home and makes a man "want" to come home. Remember that in how you run your home and how you are seen by others. I worked for Wright Modeling in my late teens in the mid 90's and that is a lesson I am glad I learned earlier in life, the value of being classy. The owner Patricia Wright always expected classy and I am glad she did. My mother had taught me that as well but hearing it from someone else made it stick, I am kind of stubborn that way, ask my mother and she with agree. Of course I came by it honestly. Anyway, below is a picture from my modeling days. Never got to serious with it, did a little print work and a few fashion shows and taught a few modeling classes but one lesson I always remember is "Classy". I certainly do not always get it right but I do try.
|A girl should be two things: Classy and Fabulous - Coco Chanel|
- Choose your battles and choose your friends. Few battles are truly worth fighting. Stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves (mentally disabled, animals, children, etc.) Be wary of those who appear to enjoy bickering. If someone is rude to you, either ignore him or her completely or, once you have calmed down and are thinking clearly, explain how you perceived their actions and work towards a resolution. You can also treat them politely while still maintaining your personal stance- be polite but make it clear without being intentionally hurtful or nasty that you don't appreciate what they are doing. Never stoop to their level, and do not be hasty to make judgments of other people.
- Have good taste in clothing: Be modest in clothing and avoid clothing of bad taste. Extremely low necklines, too short skirts, belly-baring tops and revealing clothing can make a girl look like she does not respect her body and herself. Shirts with inappropriate sayings, logos or sexual innuendos can make a girl look like she's desperate for attention. Classy ladies are not desperate for attention.
- Behave. It's fun to attend a party, but leave immature and irresponsible behavior out of the equation. If you're at a party, be sure to socialize, but speak calmly and don't monopolize all the attention. If you drink, keep drinking minimal and in your tolerance level. Drunk ladies are not classy ladies and if you are with your significant other he will appreciate you acting like a lady I assure you.
- Develop conversational skills. Classy ladies don't talk about sexual immorality and other trashy topics. Rather, they may talk about intellectual topics (books, art, politics/current events) or fashion and travel. Increase your vocabulary, and stay away from slang terms. Never swear or say racist comments. This will only make you appear ugly and rude.
- Smile. Classy people are friendly people, those who always brighten their faces with a smile. You want people to feel comfortable around you and walk away from you maybe even feeling better about themselves. It's an inexpensive way to improve your looks. Always be kind and friendly to the people serving you at Restaurants. The classy and elegant woman stands out in the crowd for impeccable manners, polite demeanor and tasteful attire. Class and elegance are not simply fashion statements; they become a part of your lifestyle, and ultimately, how you identify yourself.
- According to Merriam-Webster Dictionary, the word "classy" defines a person who has high standards of personal behavior. Elegance pertains to "refined grace or dignified propriety." Elegance also implies a person or setting that has a tastefully rich and restrained beauty.
So, in closing I would say to be classy and elegant, you must carry yourself with confidence but not smugness. You must always conduct yourself in an appropriate manner for the situation, show respect for others, and never dress outlandishly. Be polite to (waiters, etc.). If you really want to know who is well brought up and classy, look at how they treat those with a lower social status, rather than how they respond to their equals or superiors. What would others say about you if they saw you out and about? Hmmmm
Alright all you classy ladies, I am signing out.