Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Using FREE greenery from the great outdoors to decorate with

My daughter decorated our wreath for our front door. It
is one of the wicker wreaths that I bought for $10 years ago
and I keep on hand to redecorate for each new season or
occasion. We already had the ribbon and the greenery
we cut from a tree outside for FREE.
 


Added the fresh cut greenery under an old apple create,
threw in some bird houses I already owned and 3
stuffed snowmen I put out every year  that my mom
 gave us for Christmas years past. I  placed this
 on our porch beside our front door.

 
Used a vase I already had to throw
 some pine and berries in and put on
or kitchen counter. Smells great.

This is my 25 cent basket reappearing as a Christmas decoration.
This time I put the fresh cut greenery and pine cones in it and
placed a little Santa hat I found at the dollar store right on top.
 The Antique decoys were my grandfathers and I always have
 those sitting somewhere in the house. I am always shuffling
things around.

Ignore my mess on the table, and notice my dining room table centerpiece.
The dining room smells amazing with this fresh greenery and berries
on the table placed in a vase I already had on hand. The snowmen salt
and pepper shakers I found at Cracker Barrel a few years back after
 Christmas for 2 dollars.
 
You can always find a way to decorate, just be creative.
If you are not feeling to creative, go online or open a
magazine to get inspired.
 
Happy Decorating
Love,
Kimberley

No comments: