Sunday, January 12, 2014

Southern transplant

OK ladies I am done with the cold. I am a southern girl, raised in the south and I have lived all of my life n the South. There are just some things you get used to in the South. Like old ladies with funny hats, everyone saying hello Ma'am whether they no you or not, children looking you in the eye and answering when you speak to them, your mother never calling you your ACTUAL name, Big hugs as soon as you meet people, and funny words like doohickey. Of course grits, fried chicken, peach cobbler, and collards are at the top of my list as well. I am a transplant to the North, which is growing on me. The long winters make you appreciate the Spring so much more. The way this place comes alive in April is amazing. But I will always say "where is that doohickey" when I cannot find something and say yes Ma'am and no Sir even if people think I am crazy. Stay warm out there.
 
Love, Kimberley
 
 

No comments: