Friday, February 28, 2014

Southern state of mind !!

   This time of year when the snow up North just will not melt I do find myself wanting to visit the South. Where it is a bit warmer and people are a bit friendlier, I don't care what you say, they are. Here is an example, I went to a local high school to pick up my neighbors child yesterday. I went in to the office and said hello,  I am here to pick up such and such. The lady behind the desk stared at me with a very blank stare. I said it again and this time used the child's last name and told her , ya know the one with his foot in a cast. She continued to stare at me. I then leaned over the desk and I suddenly heard my mother come out of my mouth. I leaned into her and said "helllloooooo"  Afterwards she said "I don't know what you mean and I don't know anything about it". I said " I am here to pick him up and I suppose I will sit here and wait. I sat down and as I sat she proceeded to say " Well I didn't know anything about it that's why I stared at you".  So I guess working at a front desk of a high school must be pretty confusing, especially when adults come and pick children up. Said no one EVER.  If I was doing something out of the ordinary or needed to know something or if she did not understand me then COMMUNICATION needed to happen. I have found that this normal state of mind for most southern people is not always shared by our fellow inhabitants on this planet. Note to self, next time I go to the high school I will take a poster board with me and just write whatever child's name on it that I am picking up and stand outside.  Oh my word !!!!!! 
 
 
 
Lots of love and have a great weekend !
Love, Kimberley
 

No comments: