Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fall window box display

 
 
 
I have a window box in my kitchen that I like to decorate and change out with the seasons. I have a lot of milk glass handed down to me from my grandmother so I use it a lot around the house in different ways. By shopping at Thrift Stores or stopping at local Yard Sales you might be surprised at what you can find and how reasonably priced you can find items to decorate with. Vases, glass bowls and old picture frames are a good thing to have in your stock pile because you can change them up with the change of seasons and use them in numerous different ways. In the display I did for our local Apple Harvest season I used some vases I already had. I bought the little bird picture that says "Believe in Heavenly Things" and the cinnamon sticks at THE DOLLAR STORE. I removed some fake flowers I had in my bedroom and rearranged them and placed them in the basket vase to the right. The 2 apples in the bowl to the left were picked up at yard sales for a dollar and the green apple and "weeds" which I thought resembled Cat Tails I picked from the orchard across the street. So, my grand total for this display for my window box in my kitchen was $4.00. With the exception of the Green apple and the weeds I can reuse the other items over and over in the years to come. I challenge you to "create" a pretty Fall harvest display of your own and start with going on a scouting mission through your house and see what you can re-use and hit some yard sales this weekend in search of vases, bowls and cute things you can start your decorating stock pile with. Happy Decorating !!!!! 




1 comment:

Laura Beth Cottle said...

Gorgeous! I love the moral behind your blog! So true...